Howard Wong joined chambers as a tenant in 2018 after serving pupillage with Maggie Wong SC, Jenkin Suen SC, John Hui and Christopher Chain. After graduating from the London School of Economics, Howard pursued the postgraduate BCL at the University of Oxford. In law school, Howard was an active moot court participant and represented both the United Kingdom and Hong Kong in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition. He was awarded the Hong Kong Bar Scholarship in 2018.
Howard is currently developing a broad civil practice and has delivered talks and lectures on trusts and probate and personal insolvency law.
- v (HCA 399/2018) - claims against former / shadow / de facto directors for breach of fiduciary duty, dishonest assistance, knowing receipt, and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Hsin Chong Construction Company Limited (HCCW 239/2018) and (Asia) Limited (HCCW 316/2018) - winding up and appointment of provisional liquidators
- v (DCMP 164/2019) - declaration in respect of property held on resulting trust and directions as to distribution of estate.
- v (HCA 2917/2018) - resisting application for summary judgment
- v (HCA 910/2016) - action resisting the enforcement of a mortgage against the borrower.
- v (unrep., HCA 1555/2018, 21 September 2018) - resisting an application for the release of funds pursuant to an earlier order.
- (HCB 345 of 2001) - representing the Official Receiver in an application to determine whether a candidate is a fit person to be a trustee in bankruptcy
- v (HCA 1363/2017) - defence against claim for misrepresentations at common law and pursuant to Section 108 of the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571).
- v (HCA 157/2017) - striking out application.
- Bar Scholarship (2018)
- Oxford University Press book prize for winning the UK rounds of the Jessup moot (2015)
- Nicola Lacey prize (2013)
- “Setting aside judgments obtained by fraud” (2017) 133 LQR 575
- CPD Talk - “Updates on the Law relating to Probate and the Administration of Estates” (16 October 2018, with Kerby Lau)
- HKICPA Talk - “Personal Insolvency” (1 December 2018, with Tiffany Chan)