Vincent was called to the Bar in 2016 and joined Des Voeux Chambers in the same year. Prior to a career in law, Vincent studied Global Business in the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) and spent a year at Harvard University as a visiting student on scholarship. After graduation, he gained insight into the commercial and financial world through working as an Analyst at Goldman Sachs. His switch to law has seen him obtaining the JD degree with First Class Honours and subject prizes, receiving a Distinction in PCLL, and earning the BCL degree at University of Oxford on scholarship.
Vincent appeared as a sole advocate in the Court of Appeal and High Court. He frequently appeared in hearings in relation to companies winding-up matters, commercial disputes, interlocutory applications and enforcement of judgment. On the arbitration front, he has also appeared as a led junior in a 5-day arbitration trial (HKIAC rules) and as the Presiding Arbitrator’s assistant in a 3-day arbitration (HKIAC rules).
Vincent also rendered advice on various civil and commercial matters, including SFC matters, companies winding-up matters, financial derivatives, employment disputes, and conveyancing matters.
In the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Academic Years, Vincent was a Lecturer (Non-clinical) at the University of Hong Kong, teaching Equity & Trusts. He also lectured on or spoke at CPD seminars for International Commercial Arbitration, Probate and Administration, Company and Insolvency, and Employment Law.
Vincent is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Court of Appeal
- Miss Leung So Hung Siem v. Mr Carson Wen & Ors  1 HKLRD 1123,  HKCA 94 (as sole advocate) (leave to appeal requirement for refusal to extend time)
- Ho Yuk Lun Alan v. Chan Yui Hang (Liquidator of Leco Watch Case Manufactory Limited)  2 HKLRD 388 (CA) (as sole advocate) – represented respondent in the appeal in successfully seeking dismissal of appeal with costs.
Court of First Instance
- Leung Woon Ming v. Full Flush Holdings Limited  HKCFI 2703 (as sole advocate) (trial of employment dispute)
- Harbour Front Ltd v. Money Facts Ltd & Ors  HKCFI 2596 (with Ms Frances Lok) (interlocutory injunction)
- Kwok Hiu Kwan v. Johnny Chen & Ors  6 HKC 394;  HKCFI 2112 (led by Mr Charles Sussex SC and with Ms Frances Lok) (company meetings)
- Chung Yuen Chu & Anor v Cosimo Borrelli & Ors HCMP 2093/2017  HKCFI 849 (led by Charles Sussex SC and Frances Lok) - a dispute on commercial mortgage
- Pong Seong Teresa & Ors v Chan Norman  HKCFI 788 (as sole advocate) - imprisonment order against judgment debtor
- Chen Lian Ting v Zhang Qin & Ors HCA 2273/2016 (unrep., 31.5.2017) (appeared with John Hui) - resisted a striking-out application of a multiple derivative action
- Re Money Facts Limited HCCW 111/2015; Re Fonfair Limited HCCW 116/2015 (appeared with Ms. Frances Lok) – represented Respondents in a 6-day trial of an unfair prejudice and just & equitable winding-up petition
- Richfield Realty Limited v. Mak Wai Man & Ors HCLA 28-31/2015 (unrep., 23.6.2016) (led by Mr. Anson Wong S.C. and with Miss Connie Lee) – represented appellant in the appeal and succeeded in one of the grounds of appeal.
- Pong Seong Teresa & Ors v. Chan Norman HCA 627/2010 (sole advocate) – represented judgment creditors and obtained a post-judgment Mareva injunction, examination order and prohibition order in aid of enforcement of judgment.
- Fives Services Australia Pty Ltd v. Edward Group Co. Limited HCA 240/2017 (sole advocate) – continuation of asset preservation order.
- Andritz Asseslin-Thibeau SAS v. Baisile Imp. & Exp. Trading Co., Limited & Anor HCA 2692/2016 (sole advocate) – sought continuation of asset preservation order; sought default judgment and vesting order.
- Re Yung Tai Yin (Debtor) HCB 2893/2016 (sole advocate) – represented creditors in obtaining a bankruptcy order against the debtor.
Lands Tribunal / District Court:
- Mak Kam Chiu v. IO of Fu Ming Court  HKLdT 11 (unrep., 11.3.2019) (as sole advocate) (Striking out application on res judicata grounds)
- Mak Wai Man & Ors v. Richfield Realty Limited  HKDC 358 (unrep., 8.4.2019) (with Miss Connie Lee) (employment dispute; interpretation of employment statute)
- Wang Sinngok v. Cheung Hung Hung DCCJ 3951/2016 (unrep., 7 April 2017) – Summary Judgment
- HKIAC Arbitration – represented a property developer against a management company in a 6-day arbitration trial
- HKIAC Arbitration – acted as the Presiding Arbitrator’s assistant in a 3-day arbitration trial
- Middle Temple Scholarship for Advocacy Training (2016)
- Weston Scholarship, China Oxford Scholarship Fund (2014)
- Sweet & Maxwell Edlyn Yap Prize for Litigation (Highest Aggregate Marks in Litigation Stream) (2014)
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship (2014)
- HKU JD Subject Prize (Commercial Law) (2013)
- HKU JD Subject Prize (Equity & Trusts) (2013)
- HKUST Academic Achievement Medal (Top 1% of Graduates) (2010)
- HKUST University Scholarship (2008, 2009, 2010)
- HKUST Dean’s List (2008, 2009, 2010)
- HSBC Overseas Scholarship Scheme (2009) (One-year study at Harvard University)
- Grantham Scholar of the Year (2007)
- Lecturer (Non-clinical) (Equity & Trusts) at University of Hong Kong (2016-2017; 2017-2018)
- “Privilege against Self-incrimination: Assessing Recent Developments in Hong Kong” (2014) 8 HKJLS 43
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on the Law Relating to Contentious Probate and Administration of Estates” (with Mr. Kerby Lau) (October 2016)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on Employment Law and Practice” (with Miss Connie Lee) (January 2017)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on Cross-Jurisdictional Company and Insolvency Litigation” (with Mr. Michael Lok) (April 2017)
- Lecturer, International Commercial Arbitration (with Ms. Winnie Tam, S.C. and Ms. Kim Rooney), co-organised by Peking University and Hong Kong Bar Association (March 2017)
English, Mandarin, Cantonese