Vincent was called to the Bar in 2016 and joined Des Voeux Chambers in the same year.
Vincent has a broad civil and commercial practice. He has appeared as a sole advocate in the Court of Appeal and High Court on various occasions.
On top of the various reported cases in company & insolvency, employment and other commercial and land matters, Vincent also frequently handles cyberfraud injunctions, family property disputes, contentious probate, and banking and regulatory matters. More recently, Vincent has ventured into the realm of mental health cases, having been a party to an important decision which affirmed the Hong Kong courts' inherent protective jurisdiction over mentally incapacitated persons:  HKCFI 2919. On the arbitration front, Vincent appeared as a led junior in a 6-day arbitration trial (HKIAC rules) and as the Presiding Arbitrator’s assistant in a 3-day arbitration (HKIAC rules).
Since 2016, Vincent has served as a Lecturer (Non-clinical) at the University of Hong Kong, teaching Equity & Trusts. He also frequently spoke at CPD seminars in a variety of areas.
Vincent is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Lecturer (Non-clinical) (Equity & Trusts) at University of Hong Kong (Since 2016)
Court of Appeal
- Mak Kam Chiu v. IO of Fu Ming Court  HKCA 1373 (as sole advocate) - successfully upheld Lands Tribunal’s decision to strike out on the grounds of res judicata
- Miss Leung So Hung Siem v. Mr Carson Wen & Ors  1 HKLRD 1123,  HKCA 94 (as sole advocate) - leave to appeal requirement for refusal to extend time
- Re Leco Watch Case Manufactory Ltd  2 HKLRD 388 (CA) (as sole advocate) - liquidators’ personal liability for costs for gross negligence in failing to properly prosecute appeal proceedings which were dismissed for want of prosecution
Court of First Instance
- Magnus Leonard Roth v. Vitaly Orlov  HKCFI 1072 (with Mr. Christopher Chain) - challenge on valuer in unfair prejudice petition
- Scanty Investment Co & Anor v. Brilliant Functions Ltd & Ors; Re ACE International (BVI) Ltd  HKCFI 498 (led by Mr. Anson Wong SC) (winding-up petition on unfair prejudice grounds of foreign company with no place of business in HK)
- Re TBS  HKCFI 2919 (with Mr. Christopher Chain) (inherent protective jurisdiction over mentally incapacitated persons to make any interim access or care arrangements pending appointment of guardian)
- China Wah Yan Healthcare Ltd & Ors v. Dr Chan Leung Kwok Clement  HKCFI 2047 (led by Dr. William Wong SC, JP) - interlocutory injunction on restrictive covenant in employment matter
- Magnus Leonard Roth v. Vitaly Orlov  HKCFI 875 (with Mr. Christopher Chain) - discovery in unfair prejudice petition
- Leung Woon Ming v. Full Flush Holdings Limited  HKCFI 2703 (as sole advocate) - trial of employment dispute
- Harbour Front Ltd v. Money Facts Ltd & Ors  HKCFI 2596 (with Ms. Frances Lok) - interlocutory injunction
- Kwok Hiu Kwan v. Johnny Chen & Ors  6 HKC 394;  HKCFI 2112 (led by Mr. Charles Sussex SC and with Ms. Frances Lok) - company meetings
- Chung Yuen Chu & Anor v. Cosimo Borrelli & Ors  2 HKLRD 898;  HKCFI 849 (led by Mr. Charles Sussex SC and Ms. Frances Lok) - a dispute on commercial mortgage
- Pong Seong Teresa & Ors v. Chan Norman  HKCFI 788 (as sole advocate) - imprisonment order against judgment debtor, following oral examination - along with post-judgment Mareva injunction and prohibition order
- Re Money Facts Limited HCCW 111/2015; Re Fonfair Limited HCCW 116/2015  HKCFI 358 (appeared with Ms. Frances Lok) - represented Respondents in a 6-day trial of an unfair prejudice and just & equitable winding-up petition
- Chen Lian Ting v. Zhang Qin & Ors HCA 2273/2016 (unrep., 31.5.2017) (appeared with Mr. John Hui) - resisted a striking-out application of a multiple derivative action
- Richfield Realty Limited v. Mak Wai Man & Ors HCLA 28-31/2015 (unrep., 23.6.2016) (led by Mr. Anson Wong SC and with Ms. Connie Lee) - represented appellant in the appeal and succeeded in one of the grounds of appeal.
Lands Tribunal / District Court:
- Mak Wai Man & Ors v. Richfield Realty Limited  2 HKLRD 759;  3 HKC 461;  HKDC 358 (with Miss Connie Lee) (employment dispute; interpretation of employment statute)
- Mak Kam Chiu v. IO of Fu Ming Court  HKLdT 11 (as sole advocate) (Striking out application on res judicata grounds) (application for leave to appeal dismissed:  HKLdT 43)
- Wang Sinngok v. Cheung Hung Hung DCCJ 3951/2016 (unrep., 7.4.2017) - Summary Judgment
- HKIAC Arbitration - represented a property developer against a management company in a 6-day arbitration trial
- HKIAC Arbitration - acted as the Presiding Arbitrator’s assistant in a 3-day arbitration trial
- Middle Temple Scholarship for Advocacy
- Weston Scholarship, China Oxford Scholarship Fund
- Sweet & Maxwell Edlyn Yap Prize for Litigation
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship
- HKU JD Subject Prizes in Commercial Law and Equity & Trusts
- HKUST Academic Achievement Medal (Top 1% of Graduates), Dean’s List and University Scholarship
- Lecturer (Non-clinical) (Equity & Trusts) at University of Hong Kong (2016-2017; 2017-2018)
- “Privilege against Self-incrimination: Assessing Recent Developments in Hong Kong” (2014) 8 HKJLS 43
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on the Law Relating to Contentious Probate and Administration of Estates” (with Mr. Kerby Lau) (October 2016)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on Employment Law and Practice” (with Miss Connie Lee) (January 2017)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on Cross-Jurisdictional Company and Insolvency Litigation” (with Mr. Michael Lok) (April 2017)
- Lecturer, International Commercial Arbitration (with Ms. Winnie Tam, S.C. and Ms. Kim Rooney), co-organised by Peking University and Hong Kong Bar Association (March 2017)
English, Mandarin, Cantonese