Vincent was called to the Bar in 2016 and joined Des Voeux Chambers in the same year. Prior to a career in law, Vincent studied Global Business in the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) and spent a year at Harvard University as a visiting student on scholarship. After graduation, he gained insight into the commercial and financial world through working as an Analyst at Goldman Sachs. His switch to law has seen him obtaining the JD degree with First Class Honours and subject prizes, receiving a Distinction in PCLL, and earning the BCL degree at University of Oxford on scholarship.
Vincent has appeared as a sole advocate in the Court of Appeal and High Court on various occasions. He frequently appeared in hearings in relation to companies winding-up matters, commercial disputes, employment cases and other interlocutory applications. On the arbitration front, he has also appeared as a led junior in a 5-day arbitration trial (HKIAC rules) and as the Presiding Arbitrator’s assistant in a 3-day arbitration (HKIAC rules).
Vincent also rendered advice on various civil and commercial matters, including companies winding-up cases, financial regulatory matters, employment disputes, probate and administration and conveyancing matters.
Since 2016-17 Academic Year, Vincent has been serving as a Lecturer (Non-clinical) at the University of Hong Kong, teaching Equity & Trusts. He also lectured on or spoke at CPD seminars for International Commercial Arbitration, Probate and Administration, Company and Insolvency, and Employment law.
Vincent is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Lecturer (Non-clinical) (Equity & Trusts) at University of Hong Kong (Since 2016-2017)
Court of Appeal
- Miss Leung So Hung Siem v. Mr Carson Wen & Ors  1 HKLRD 1123,  HKCA 94 (as sole advocate) - (leave to appeal requirement for refusal to extend time)
- Ho Yuk Lun Alan v. Chan Yui Hang (Liquidator of Leco Watch Case Manufactory Limited)  2 HKLRD 388 (CA) (as sole advocate) - represented respondent in the appeal in successfully seeking dismissal of appeal with costs.
Court of First Instance
- China Wah Yan Healthcare Ltd & Ors v. Dr Chan Leung Kwok Clement (unrep., 19.7.2019) (led by Dr. William Wong SC, JP) - interlocutory injunction in employment matter
- Magnus Leonard Roth v. Vitaly Orlov  HKCFI 875 (unrep., 3.4.2019) (with Mr. Christopher Chain) - discovery in unfair prejudice petition
- Leung Woon Ming v. Full Flush Holdings Limited  HKCFI 2703 (as sole advocate) - trial of employment dispute
- Harbour Front Ltd v. Money Facts Ltd & Ors  HKCFI 2596 (with Ms. Frances Lok) - interlocutory injunction
- Kwok Hiu Kwan v. Johnny Chen & Ors  6 HKC 394;  HKCFI 2112 (led by Mr. Charles Sussex SC and with Ms. Frances Lok) - company meetings
- Chung Yuen Chu & Anor v. Cosimo Borrelli & Ors HCMP 2093/2017  HKCFI 849 (led by Mr. Charles Sussex SC and Ms. Frances Lok) - a dispute on commercial mortgage
- Pong Seong Teresa & Ors v. Chan Norman  HKCFI 788 (as sole advocate) - imprisonment order against judgment debtor, following oral examination - along with post-judgment Mareva injunction and prohibition order
- Re Money Facts Limited HCCW 111/2015; Re Fonfair Limited HCCW 116/2015  HKCFI 358 (appeared with Ms. Frances Lok) - represented Respondents in a 6-day trial of an unfair prejudice and just & equitable winding-up petition
- Chen Lian Ting v. Zhang Qin & Ors HCA 2273/2016 (unrep., 31.5.2017) (appeared with Mr. John Hui) - resisted a striking-out application of a multiple derivative action
- Richfield Realty Limited v. Mak Wai Man & Ors HCLA 28-31/2015 (unrep., 23.6.2016) (led by Mr. Anson Wong S.C. and with Ms. Connie Lee) - represented appellant in the appeal and succeeded in one of the grounds of appeal.
Lands Tribunal / District Court:
- Mak Kam Chiu v. IO of Fu Ming Court  HKLdT 11 (unrep., 11.3.2019) (as sole advocate) - Striking out application on res judicata grounds; leave to appeal dismissed:  HKLdT 43 (unrep., 5.8.2019)
- Mak Wai Man & Ors v. Richfield Realty Limited  HKDC 358 (unrep., 8.4.2019) (with Ms. Connie Lee) - employment dispute; interpretation of employment statute
- Wang Sinngok v. Cheung Hung Hung DCCJ 3951/2016 (unrep., 7.04.2017) - Summary Judgment
- HKIAC Arbitration - represented a property developer against a management company in a 6-day arbitration trial
- HKIAC Arbitration - acted as the Presiding Arbitrator’s assistant in a 3-day arbitration trial
- Middle Temple Scholarship for Advocacy Training (2016)
- Weston Scholarship, China Oxford Scholarship Fund (2014)
- Sweet & Maxwell Edlyn Yap Prize for Litigation (Highest Aggregate Marks in Litigation Stream) (2014)
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship (2014)
- HKU JD Subject Prize (Commercial Law) (2013)
- HKU JD Subject Prize (Equity & Trusts) (2013)
- HKUST Academic Achievement Medal (Top 1% of Graduates) (2010)
- HKUST University Scholarship (2008, 2009, 2010)
- HKUST Dean’s List (2008, 2009, 2010)
- HSBC Overseas Scholarship Scheme (2009) (One-year study at Harvard University)
- Grantham Scholar of the Year (2007)
- Lecturer (Non-clinical) (Equity & Trusts) at University of Hong Kong (2016-2017; 2017-2018)
- “Privilege against Self-incrimination: Assessing Recent Developments in Hong Kong” (2014) 8 HKJLS 43
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on the Law Relating to Contentious Probate and Administration of Estates” (with Mr. Kerby Lau) (October 2016)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on Employment Law and Practice” (with Miss Connie Lee) (January 2017)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on Cross-Jurisdictional Company and Insolvency Litigation” (with Mr. Michael Lok) (April 2017)
- Lecturer, International Commercial Arbitration (with Ms. Winnie Tam, S.C. and Ms. Kim Rooney), co-organised by Peking University and Hong Kong Bar Association (March 2017)
English, Mandarin, Cantonese