Tinny is a Bar Scholar. She joined Chambers in 2019 upon completion of her pupillage with Mr. Derek Chan S.C., Mr. Jenkin Suen S.C., Mr. Christopher Chain and Mr. Jason Yu.
Tinny graduated with a BA in Jurisprudence (First Class Honours) and a BCL (Distinction) from the University of Oxford. During her studies, Tinny actively participated in various moots, including the Philip C Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, where her team came second in the UK round and advanced to the semi-final of the international rounds. She was also individually ranked as the 4th best oralist in the international rounds.
Tinny is developing a broad practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work. She has been involved in cases concerning areas of law including company, commercial, securities, competition, injunctive relief and judicial review. She has also appeared in the High Court as a led junior and sole advocate.
- HCMP 3166/2014 – Xu Liu Chun v Wu Chang Jiang – variation of costs order nisi, led by Mr Jenkin Suen SC
- CAMP 160/2019 – Xu Liu Chun v Wu Chang Jiang – resisting application for leave to appeal to Court of Appeal, led by Mr Jenkin Suen SC
- HCA 689/2019 – China Railway International Trading (HK) Limited v Lau Chung Hoi & Ors – successfully obtained bankers’ books order against 7 banks as sole advocate
- Advisory work – instructed by the SFC and advised on merits of proceedings under s.214 of the SFO (with Mr Jenkin Suen SC) and merits of public interest immunity claim (with Mr Derek Chan SC)
- Bar Scholarship (2018)
- Harry Liu Postgraduate Scholarship (2017)
- Merton College award for performance in Final Honours School (2016)
- Philip C Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition - Semi-finalist team in international round; 4th best oralist in international round; 1st runner-up team in UK round (2015)
English, Cantonese and Mandarin