Teresa received her legal education from the University of Hong Kong and graduated with a First Class Honours in LLB and completed her PCLL with distinctions in subjects. She also obtained the post-graduate BCL degree from Oxford University where she was awarded prizes before she was called to the Bar in 2000. She subsequently joined Des Voeux Chambers a year later.
Teresa has a broad civil practice; she practices in all areas of General Civil, and mainly in Arbitration, Building Management, Commercial, Land, Landlord and Tenant, Mental Health, Probate and Administration, Public Law and Trust matters etc. She frequently advises and appears in Court on different levels for the Government, developers, landlords and tenants, companies across different sectors and jurisdictions and professional trustees, committees and PRs in contentious and non- contentious settings.
Apart from acting as counsel in arbitrations and also court applications in support of arbitration proceedings and involving challenges to and enforcement of arbitral awards etc., Teresa has recently developed a growing practice sitting as an arbitrator. In addition to acting as counsel, Teresa has been engaged to sit as an arbitrator in commercial cases.
Teresa has also been invited to contribute to and edit leading texts and annotated ordinances widely referred and cited by legal practitioners.
- Deputy Chairman of the Board of the Inland Revenue (2021)
- Adjudicator, Immigration Tribunal (2018)
- Legal Adviser, Private Columbaria Appeal Board (2018)
- Member, Board of Review (2015)
- Deputy District Judge (2014 and 2022)
- Legal Adviser, Fishermen Claims Appeal Board (2014)
- Legal Adviser, Travel Agents Registry, Tourism Commission (2013)
- Legal Adviser, EMSD Disciplinary Boards (2013)
- Legal Adviser, Licensing Appeals Board (2010)
- Legal Adviser, Nursing Council (2006)
- Part-time Tutor, University of Hong Kong (Legal Skills & Contract) (2002-2004)