Jing En joined Chambers in 2021 after the successful completion of his pupillage under the supervision of Mr. Johnny Ma SC, Mr. Christopher Chain, Mr. Adrian Lai and Mr. Giles Surman.
Jing En graduated from the University of Cambridge (Wolfson College) with a BA in Law with Double First Class Honours and went on to obtain the BCL with Distinction from the University of Oxford (Christ Church). He was awarded a string of various scholarships and prizes for academic excellence from Cambridge, Oxford and HKU, including the Oxford Law Faculty Prize for International Commercial Arbitration.
Jing En is currently developing a broad practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work, with a particularly keen interest in family law and arbitration. He has been involved in cases concerning company and insolvency law, probate and trusts, commercial law, arbitration, competition law and family law.
Jing En grew up in Singapore and is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese. Prior to joining the Hong Kong Bar, he served as a Lieutenant in the Republic of Singapore Air Force, where he graduated top of his class in Officer Cadet School as the Air Force Sword of Honour.
- Peace Mark (Holdings) Limited (in liquidation) & Anor v Chau Cham Wong Patrick & Ors (HCA 2371/2009): Acted for the 3rd Defendant in an 18-day trial in a claim for over HK$300 million in total damages for breach of director duties, settled (with Mr. Adrian Lai)
- Absolute Skill Holdings Limited v Kim Jun Yeob & Ors (HCMP 526/2022): Acted for the 1st to 7th Defendants to resist an injunction to inter alia act as directors of a listed company (led by Dr. William Wong SC, with Mr. Justin Lam)
- Mantra DAO Inc. v John Patrick Mullin & Ors (HCA 749/2022): Acted for the Plaintiff to obtain an interim-interim injunction to restrain the Defendants to deal with the Plaintiff’s cryptocurrency assets and making use of or infringing the trademarks of the Plaintiff’s cryptocurrency business in the form of a decentralised autonomous organisation (with Mr. Justin Lam)
- 国际商业机器（中国）有限公司 v International Business Settlement Limited (HCCT 88/2020): Acted for the Applicant to successfully oppose the Respondent’s application to set aside a CIETAC arbitral award, settled (with Mr. Adrian Lai)
- River Trade Terminal Co. Ltd v Fat Kee Stevedores Limited & Anor (HCA 1945/2021): Acting for the Plaintiff in a claim for over HK$100 million for negligence resulting in a fire (with Mr. Adrian Lai) (ongoing)
- AHS Device Hong Kong Limited v VT Zero Limited (HCA 197/2022): Acting for the Plaintiff for a claim of over HK$26 million in a sales of goods context (with Mr. Christopher Chain) (ongoing)
- Re BGA Holdings Limited (HCCW 251/2019): Acting for the Contributories to determine the appointment of liquidators of the Company (with Mr. Abraham Chan SC) (ongoing)
- Christine Ruth Ong Chai Hoon & Ors v Lam Kin Chung & Ors. (HCA 1793/2012): Acting for the Plaintiffs in a claim of over HK$23 million for fraudulent misrepresentation of an investment scheme (with Mr. Christopher Chain and Ms. Sharon Yuen) (ongoing)
- Hsin Chong Group Holdings Limited (in liquidation) v Lin Zhuo Yan & Ors (HCA 1661/2019): Acting for the 20th and 21st Defendant in a claim for breach of director duties (with Mr. Alexander Tang) (ongoing)
- Semgas Supply Pte Ltd & Anor v Bonusis (HK) Industrial Limited & Anor (DCCJ 6395/2019): Acting for the Plaintiff in a 3-day trial for an email fraud claim of more than US$100,000 (as sole advocate) (ongoing)
- China Shandong Hi-Speed Capital (HK) Limited v Great Sunrise Limited (HCA 1281/2021): Acted for the Defendant to resist summary judgment of a US$100 million contractual claim (as sole advocate)
- Wu Yee Mei v Da Sen Holdings Group Limited (DCCJ 5169/2020): Acted for the Plaintiff in a successful appeal against a costs order (as sole advocate)
- Wong Sui Ling v Lee Ting Yee (HCA 1074/2022): Acted for the Plaintiff to successfully obtain an undertaking (in the same terms in lieu of a court order) for an injunction to restrain the Defendant from carrying out any acts of harassment (as sole advocate)
- In the matter of an arbitration under Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre 2018 Administered Arbitration Rules – Acting for the Claimant in a share purchase agreement contractual dispute (with Mr. Adrian Lai) (ongoing)
- Advised a subsidiary of a major real estate land developer on the enforceability of contractual terms and competition law implications under the Competition Ordinance (Cap. 619) (with Ms. Catrina Lam)
- Advised a major international airline on labour and employment law matters in relation to summonses taken out by the Labour Department under the Employment Ordinance (Cap. 57) (with Mr. Christopher Chain)
- Bluebell Prize (2020)
- Hou De Charitable Foundation Scholarship (2019)
- Law Faculty Prize for International Commercial Arbitration (2019)
- Harry Liu Postgraduate Scholarship (2018)
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship (2018)
- Sir David Williams Prize (2018)
- Champion - Rajah & Tann UK Inter-varsity Moot (2018)
- James William Squire Scholarship (2017)
- Dato Ng Kong Yeam Prize (2017)
- Cambridgeshire and District Law Prize for Criminology, Sentencing & the Penal System (2017)
- Contributing Editor to Hong Kong Company Law Cases
- Native English and Mandarin