Liza Jane Cruden has a civil commercial and chancery practice appearing in a broad range of cases. This encompasses varied contract, company and partnership, trusts, professional negligence, building and construction, matrimonial, employment and discrimination matters with an emphasis on real property. In particular she has extensive experience in property and land law matters from Government leases and licenses, New Territories land, Deeds of Mutual Covenant, conveyancing and landlord and tenant, to equitable mortgages, easements and derogation from grant.
Liza Jane appears as an advocate in appellate, trial and interlocutory Court proceedings as well as arbitrations. Her advocacy role extends to hearings in statutory, administrative and disciplinary Tribunals such as the Lands Tribunal, the Appeal Tribunal (Buildings), Medical Council inquiries and of other professional bodies and institutes. She is included on various lists of mediators. Liza Jane advises in writing and consultation in all areas of her practice.
- Member of the Bar Council of the Hong Kong Bar Association (from 2009 to 2017)
- Member of the Standing Committee on Overseas Admission, Hong Kong Bar Association
- Member of the Special Committee on Civil Justice Reform, Hong Kong Bar Association
- Member of the High Court Rules Committee under section 55(1)(d) of the High Court Ordinance, Cap.4 (2009 to 2015)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators since 2002
- Accredited as a Mediator by CEDR in 2007
- Member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Examiner of the Hong Kong Bar Association Overseas Barristers Qualification Examinations (2009 to 2017)
- Hong Kong Advocacy Training Council Executive Committee Member from 2012, Hon. Treasurer 2016
- International Advocacy Training Council Executive Committee Member from 2019
- Regularly conducts training courses, workshops and talks organised by the Hong Kong Bar Association on areas of practice including Civil Justice Reform, Drafting, Professional Conduct and Advocacy. Internationally, involved in advocacy training and similar activities in other jurisdictions.
- Guarantee and Indemnity, Halsbury's Laws of Hong Kong, Second Edition, author
- Land Compensation and Valuation Law in Hong Kong (4th Ed.) Co-Author