Ping Kan joined Chambers in September 2021 following successful completion of his pupillage with Mr. Derek Chan SC, Mr. John Hui, Mr. Alexander Tang and Mr. Jason Yu. He is developing a broad civil practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Before commencing pupillage, Ping Kan completed a training contract at Latham & Watkins LLP in the firm’s Hong Kong and Washington DC offices. He was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2018 and practised as an associate in the firm’s Litigation & Trial department in Hong Kong, specialising in complex commercial litigation, international arbitration, and white-collar investigation.
Ping Kan read BA (Law) at the University of Cambridge on a Prince Philip Scholarship. In 2014, he graduated with First Class Honours and was awarded the title of Corpus Christi College Scholar. In 2020, Ping Kan completed the Bachelor of Civil Laws at the University of Oxford, where he graduated with Distinction in all four subjects and won examination prizes in Advanced Property and Trusts and Constitutional Theory.
- Solicitor (2018-2019)
- Prince Philip Scholarship
- Lawton Prize
- Scholar of Corpus Christi College
- Philip C Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition: 1st Runner Up (oralist); Best Memorial (team)
- Law Faculty Prize (Advanced Property and Trusts)
- Law Faculty Prize (Constitutional Theory)
- Contributor, “Cross-Border Issues” in Company Law in Hong Kong (Insolvency) 2018
- English, Mandarin, Cantonese