Jonathan is a Bar Scholar. He joined Chambers in 2020 upon completion of his pupillage with Mr Peter Duncan SC, Mr Christopher Chain, Mr Jason Yu and Mr Justin Lam.
Jonathan graduated from the University of Cambridge with a BA (Law) with Double First Class Honours, having obtained a number of awards and reached the semi-finals of the BPP-OUP National Mooting Competition (representing the University of Cambridge). He went on to obtain the BCL from the University of Oxford with distinction. He has also published in a number of peer-reviewed law journals.
Jonathan is currently developing a broad practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work. He has been involved in cases concerning company law, probate and trusts, commercial law, intellectual property law. He has appeared in the District Court and High Court both as a sole advocate and junior counsel and has been instructed for both Chinese and English language arbitrations. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese and speaks basic French.
Jonathan has been appointed part-time Lecturer (Non-Clinical) in Equity & Trusts at the Department of Law, University of Hong Kong since September 2020.
Jonathan Lee authored Electronic Signatures and Related Issues with DVC's Mr. John Scott SC, JP. This article appeared in The Hong Kong Lawyer's e-newsletter dated 14 May 2021.
- Part-time Lecturer (Non-Clinical), Department of Law, The University of Hong Kong (effective from September 2020)
- Re Ng Shui Cheong  HKCFI 703 (as sole advocate) – successfully obtained bankruptcy order
- Yeung Mei Lee v Forever Winner International Development Ltd  HKCFI 3114 (as sole advocate) – successfully applied for rectification of share register of company
- Allahabad Bank v UD Trading Group Holding Pte Ltd  HKCFI 3030 (as sole advocate) – successfully obtained leave to serve writ out of jurisdiction upon re-grant
- Lam Man Lai and others v OJ VC Limited  HKCFI 2495 (with Mr Michael Lok) – Application by a third party to set aside default judgment
- Hao Tian International Securities Ltd v Ng Shui Cheong  HKCFI 1590 (with Mr Justin Lam) – Successfully defended appeal against Master’s order for summary judgment
- Bar Scholarship (2019)
- Prize Scholarship (2015, 2017)
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship (2015)
- Eunice and Alton Kramer Prize for Law (2015)
- Jonathan Lee authored Electronic Signatures and Related Issues with DVC's Mr. Scott SC, JP. This article appeared in The Hong Kong Lawyer's e-newsletter dated 14 May 2021
- “Recasting Brickenden” (2021) 33 SAcLJ 680
- “Equitable Compensation and Brickenden: Fiduciary Loyalty and Causation” Trust & Trustees, Volume 26, November 2020, Issue 8-9, pp.800-813
- Contributing Editor to Hong Kong Company Law Cases (2008 - 2019) - published in 2020 by DVC in collaboration with Kluwer
- “A Hardly Obvious Question”  1 IPQ 74
- “Substantiating Substantive Review”  PL 632
- “Reforming Parasitic Accessory Liability in English Law” 7 King’s Student L. Rev. 52 (2016)