Jacqueline was awarded the Bar Scholarship and Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship in 2013. She is developing a broad civil and commercial practice in line with Chambers’ profile with experience and interest in company and insolvency, trust and probate, land, intellectual property, insurance, employment and shipping law matters.
Within her first year of practice, Jacqueline had acted as sole advocate in a 5-day arbitration concerning a US$20 million claim for breach of shareholders’ agreement. In 2018, she also acted as sole advocate in a HKIAC arbitration for a law firm to claim for outstanding legal fees against former client. She has also appeared in court proceedings concerning interim measures in aid of arbitration and enforcement of arbitral awards.
Since joining Chambers in 2014, Jacqueline has appeared led or as sole advocate in trials concerning claims of undervalue transactions, common intention constructive trust, adverse possession, loss of cross-border vehicle licence, torts of maintenance and champerty, and ownership of properties (land and company shares). She also acted as defence counsel (as sole advocate) in a criminal trial at the Magistrates Court relating to breach of Noise Control Ordinance (Cap. 400).
Jacqueline has experience in handling contested applications involving default judgment, summary judgment, stay of proceedings, examination and production orders in the context of liquidation, removal of executor and estate accounts, specific discovery, expunge of documents, charging order, striking out, expert evidence and injunctions.
Jacqueline also has a particular interest in matrimonial practice. She has provided advice and representation to husband, wives and separating unmarried parent in matters ranging from variation of maintenance orders (interim and final), enforcement of undertakings, application for litigation funding, avoidance of disposition, to preliminary issue trial on the ownership of matrimonial home and financial provision for children of unmarried couples.
Jacqueline is a contributing editor of Hong Kong Civil Procedure and has delivered CPD Seminars on family law, planning law and the law of unjust enrichment.
Before pupillage at DVC, Jacqueline graduated with a First in LLB from the University of Hong Kong, ranking second in her year. Following this, she received the highest marks in the PCLL Litigation Stream and the matrimonial practice course. She went on to obtain the BCL from the University of Oxford (ranking first in her Commercial Remedies class) with the support of the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship for Overseas Studies.
- Bar Scholarship (2013)
- Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship (2013)
- University of Oxford Law Faculty Prize in Commercial Remedies (2013)
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship for Overseas Studies (2012)
- Brian McElney Medal in Law (2012)
- The Sweet and Maxwell Edlyn Yap Prize for Litigation (2012)
- The Oldham, Li & Nie Prize in Matrimonial Practice and Procedure (2012)
- Dean’s Honours List (2007-2011)
- Baker and McKenzie Prize in Company Law (2011)
- Deacons Prize in Law (2010)
- Linklaters Prize for Overall Excellence in Law (2009)
- Freshfields Prize in Legal Skills (2009)
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship (2009)
- 13 other prizes and awards
Civil and Commercial
- Poh Po Liam v. Tong Chi Kong Jody  HKCFI 863: Assessment of damages for torts of maintenance and champerty.
- Hui Ki Ho v. Yeung Chun Fung, HCA 2942/2015: Trial of claim for loss of cross-border vehicle licence (pending decision); Specific Discovery; Expunge of Documents from Trial.
- Zhang Xiuhong v. Liu Wenchen, HCA 2118/2012: Security for costs.
- KKC Capital Limited Partnership v. Agape International Enterprise Limited,  HKCFI 1621: Charging order over convertible bonds.
- FT Life Insurance Company Ltd v. Lo Kwok Wai, DCCJ 4999/2015: Summary judgment against ex- insurance agent.
- Poh Po Lian v. Tong Chi Kong Jody, HCA 1280/2012 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): Trial on the torts of maintenance and champerty.
- Cheer Signal Development Limited v. Wong Siu Fan,  HKFI 1938 (led by Anson Wong S.C. and Christopher Chain): Mareva injunction up to the value of HK$127 million in relation to a fraud claim.
- SBC CPA Limited v. Au Ka Man Silkie,  4 HKLRD 842 (with Jonathan Chang): Interlocutory injunction against ex-employees for breach of confidence and copyright infringement.
- Great River Corp. Limited v. China NTG Gansu Gas Limited,  HKCFI 1953 (led by William Wong S.C.): Discharge of interim injunction granted in aid of BVI proceedings.
- Yong Li Investment Ltd v. Lee Sing Leung Robin,  HKCFI 1711: Consolidation of proceedings.
- 2018: Acted for a respondent in resisting an HKIAC Emergency Relief application (led by Douglas Lam S.C.).
- 2018: Acted for a law firm as sole advocate in two arbitrations involving claim for outstanding legal fees against former client.
- 2018: Resisting a jurisdictional challenge in a HKIAC arbitration (led by Douglas Lam S.C.).
- U v. S,  4 HKLRD 749 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): Adjournment of enforcement of CIETAC Award proceedings pending setting aside proceedings in the PRC.
- Fung Hing Chiu Cyril v. Henry Wai & Co (a firm); Grandom Asia Holding Ltd v Henry Wai & Co (a Firm)  1 HKLRD 808 (led by Audrey Eu S.C.): Stay of court proceedings in favour of arbitration.
- Danco International Limited v. Luxe Home Limited,  HKLdT 102: Stay of Lands Tribunal proceedings in favour of arbitration.
- Arjowiggins HKK2 Ltd v. X Co,  HKCFI 1901 (with Teresa Wu): Setting aside application of an arbitral award and resisting its enforcement in Hong Kong.
- 2015: Acted for the Respondent as sole advocate in a 5-day arbitration involving a US$20 million claim for breach of shareholders’ agreement, as well as interlocutory applications for disclosure of offshore company documents.
Land, Trusts and Probate
- Lee Goo Lynette Siu Yin v. Cheung Wai Ming Daisy  HKCFI 1086 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): Application for removal of executor and inventory and accounts.
- Siu Chi Tat v. Land Zone Ltd  HKCFI 2582: Interlocutory injunction in trespass to land and boundary dispute.
- Wong Shuk Han v. Secretary for Justice  HKDC 1464: Trial on adverse possession of urban residential unit.
- Lam Wai Sun v. Chan Yan Yee  HKCFI 1056: Trial on beneficial ownership of Deceased’s residential property.
- Chiu Siu Ying Betty as Administratrix v. Kwok Lan, DCCJ 3231/2017: Summary judgment for vacant possession of N.T. land.
- Tierra Trading Limited v. Land Base Limited,  HKFI 1504 (led by Johnny Mok S.C.): Trial on adverse possession of land on Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay.
- Ng Kam Kuk v. Chan Fung Chun, HCA 1432/2015: Order of sale of land under Order 31, RHC.
- Re Estate of Lam Kwok Leung, Deceased, HCA 1547/2016; HCMP 2634/2016 (with Teresa Wu): Application for account and declaration of interest in landed properties under the Intestates’ Estates Ordinance (Cap. 73).
- Menno Leendert Vos v. Global Fair Industrial Limited, HCA 4200/1995: Charging order over landed property.
- Rightop Corporation Limited. v. Yau Wing Yan Joyce,  HKCFI 8: Summary disposal of claim in trespass to land.
- Keymain International Ltd v. Chan Yin Fong,  HKCFI 1794 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): Striking out application.
- Tierra Trading Limited v. Land Base Limited,  HKCFI 1473 and  HKCFI 234 (led by Johnny Mok S.C.): Continuation of originating summons procedure as if begun by writ and expert evidence.
- To Pik Ha v. Lui Wai Fong,  HKCFI 1239 (with Teresa Wu): Joint trial involving two estates and relating to the ownership of company shares.
- Man Kai Tak v. 梁妹,  HKDC 201 (with Benny Lo): Trial on adverse possession of N.T. land.
Company and Insolvency
- Li Fu Hua (also known as Denise Li) v. Chen Ming Chih  HKCFI 2786 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): Striking out an unfair prejudice petition.
- Re Prosperous Global China Holding Ltd  HKCFI 2789 (led by Jose Maurellet S.C.): Winding-up Petition.
- Harbour Front Ltd v Money Facts Ltd  HKCFI 2582 (led by Clifford Smith S.C. and Sabrina Ho): Interlocutory injunction pending resolution of unfair prejudice petition.
- Re Ricco (International) Company Ltd  6 HKC 487: Setting aside allotment of shares in a transaction contravening s.47A of the former Companies Ordinance (Cap. 32).
- Wong Tak Man, Stephen v. Cheung Siu Fai,  5 HKLRD 923 (led by Robert Whitehead S.C. and Jose Maurellet): For the trustees in bankruptcy in applying to set aside multiple transfers as being transactions at an under value and unfair preferences under the Bankruptcy Ordinance (Cap. 6).
- Re Joint Silver Ltd,  HKCFI 2119 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): For the Liquidators in a Petition to wind up a company already in creditors’ voluntary liquidation and replace the liquidators.
- Re HIH Insurance (Asia) Limited (in Provisional Liquidation), HCCW 337/2001 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): Winding-up Petition of insurance company.
- Re T-Hero Industrial Company Limited,  HKCFI 1041: Validation orders.
- Cheung Hing v. Wah Fong Forest Resources Ltd,  HKCFI 1181: Application to commence statutory derivative actions.
- Cheung Hing v. Wah Fong Forest Resources Ltd,  HKCFI 2017: Summary and/or default judgment.
- Li Fei Yu v. WDI International (HK) Ltd,  HKCFI 969 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): Application to set aside company resolutions and to convene company meeting.
- LLC v. LWMA, FCMC 4683/2014  HKFC 75 - : preliminary issue trial on the beneficial ownership of the matrimonial home etc (led by Douglas Lam S.C.);  HKFC 156 and  HKFC 100 - Variation of costs of preliminary issue trial; [2016[ HKFC 89 - Litigation Funding under section 3 of the MPPO (Cap. 192); Enforcement of MPS undertakings.
- FCMC 8597/2016: Enforcement of Undertakings under Consent Order.
- LWYA v. KYW, FCMC 14018/2011: Issue of jurisdiction in taxation hearing of costs in preliminary issue trial.
- WMY v. CSK, FCMC 17011/2011: Variation of costs after the ancillary relief trial.
- Advising the Respondent husband on an application for downward variation of a child maintenance order.
- Advising on an application for avoidance of disposition order under section 17 of the MPPO (Cap. 192).
- Advising the Respondent father on financial provision for the unmarried couple’s daughter under section 10 of the GMO (Cap. 13).
Intellectual Property Rights
- Universal Music Limited v. Neway Music Limited  HKCFI 2403 and  HKCFI 61 (led by Wong Yan Lung S.C.): Summary judgment for copyright infringement.
- HKK v. N,  HKCFI 1872 (led by Wong Yan Lung S.C.): For a music record company in Third Party Proceedings relating to a reference to the Copyright Tribunal.
- Advising a local martial arts group on infringement of its IP rights in audio and written teaching materials.
- HKSAR v. Hong Kong Tramways Limited, ESS45077/2017: As defence counsel in a criminal trial of an offence under Noise Control Ordinance (Cap. 400).
- Member, Special Committee on Civic Education, Hong Kong Bar Association
- Contributing Editor of Hong Kong Civil Procedure (Sweet & Maxwell)
- CPD Seminar: “Demystifying the Law of Unjust Enrichment” (with Martin Kok, Martin Ho and Michael Lok) (October 2014)
- CPD Seminar: “Ring-fencing Domestic Property: Is there a solution?” (with Martin Kok and Michael Lok) (December 2014)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on the Law Relating to Buildings and Town Planning in Hong Kong” (with Teresa Wu) (September 2015)
- CPD Seminar: “The Legal Aspect of Approval and Disapproval of Building Plans under the Buildings Ordinance (Cap. 123) (with Teresa Wu and Justin Lam) (October 2016)