Ellen is developing a broad practice in civil and criminal law. She has been involved in a wide range of cases concerning trusts, land and company matters. Ellen has also been involved in criminal and family law matters. She appears regularly in the family court as an advocate in her own right.
Ellen completed her LLB in Chinese Law at Peking University and was an associate of Fangda Partners’ Beijing Office, where she specialised in PRC-related dispute resolution. She obtained the PRC Legal Qualification Certificate in 2011. Ellen joined Chambers as a tenant in 2016 after obtaining her Juris Doctor degree with First Class Honours and her Bachelor of Civil Law degree at the University of Oxford.
Ellen is fluent in both oral and written Chinese. She has previously been instructed to appear in proceedings conducted in Chinese.
Ellen was awarded the Bar Scholarship in 2016 and the Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship and as well as The Society of Construction Law Hong Kong Bar Scholarship in 2016.
- Bar Scholarship (2015)
- Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship (2016)
- Society of Construction Law Hong Kong Bar Scholarship (2016)
- China Oxford Scholarship (2014)
- HKU JD Subject Prize (Criminal Law)
- HKU JD Subject Prize (Contract Law)
- China Resources Co. Scholarship (Full-tuition Scholarship for LLB)