Charlie served pupillage under Mr. Joseph Tse SC, Mr. Christopher Chain, Mr. Jason Yu and Mr. Michael Lok. He practises in all areas of Chambers’ work, with an emphasis on civil and commercial matters.
Charlie has appeared as led junior before the Appeal Committee of the Court of Final Appeal and the Court of First Instance, and has been involved in various cases concerning company and insolvency law, commercial law, public law, competition law and conflict of laws. He has also been instructed in a number of arbitrations.
Charlie graduated 1st in class with his LLB from the University of Hong Kong with a string of academic prizes and scholarships. He also spent a year as a visiting student at the University of Cambridge. He further obtained his BCL with distinctions in all subjects from the University of Oxford, and ranked 1st in class in Advanced Property and Trusts and Comparative Corporate Law.
Charlie was a top scorer of the National College Entrance Examination (Gaokao) in Shanghai. He speaks fluent Mandarin, Cantonese, English and Shanghainese, and has experience in drafting legal documents in Chinese.
Charlie is teaching contract law as a part-time lecturer (non-clinical) at the University of Hong Kong.
- Sun Min v Chu Kong  HKCFA 16 (led by Mr Johnny Mok SC, BBS, JP, with Mr Michael Lok)
- China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation Ltd v Zhang Kangyang  HKCFI 2135 (led by Ms Audrey Eu SC, with Mr Alan Kwong and Mr Michael Lok)
- HKCOLO.NET Ltd v Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) Limited (HCA 1900/2021) (led by Mr Chua Guan-Hock SC, JP)
- Ex parte Mareva injunction in aid of arbitration (with Ms Catrina Lam)
- Inaugural Cambridge Global Conversations Scholarship (2020-2021)
- Hou De Charitable Foundation Scholarship for PCLL (2020)
- Oxford Law Faculty Prize for Advanced Property and Trusts (2020)
- South Square Prize for Comparative Corporate Law (2020)
- Herbert Smith Freehills Oxford Disability Mooting Championship - Best Speaker in the Semi-Finals (2019)
- China Oxford Scholarship (2019)
- DVC Harry Liu Postgraduate Scholarship (2019)
- Lo & Lo Prize in Land Law (2019)
- Dean's Honours List (2016, 2017, 2019)
- Peter Vine Postgraduate Scholarship (2019)
- DVC Oxford BCL Scholarship (2019)
- Oxford International Intellectual Property Law Moot - Powell Gilbert Runner-up Prize for Best Written Submissions (2018-2019)
- DVC HKU Junior Scholarship (2018)
- Peter Willoughby Memorial Prize for Criminal Law I & II (2017)
- Bloomsbury Book Prize in Law and Society (2016)
- Serena Yang Award (2016)
- HKU Foundation Scholarship (2015-2019)
Mandarin, Cantonese, English and Shanghainese