Brian is a Bar Scholar. He joined Chambers upon completion of his pupillage with Dr. William Wong SC, JP, Mr. Tony Li, Mr. Christopher Chain and Mr. Jason Yu. He is currently developing a broad civil and commercial practice.
Brian has appeared in the High Court and the District Court both in his own right and as junior counsel, notably conducting a 7-day civil trial in Chinese as sole advocate involving a novel point of law of evidence shortly after commencing his first year of practice.
His other recent cases include successful resistance of a Mareva injunction for US$620 million against a former director of a Japanese listed company (Universal Entertainment Corporation v Kazuo Okada  HKCFI 1406), led by Dr. William Wong SC, JP (affirmed by the Court of Appeal in  HKCA 995).
Prior to joining the bar, Brian graduated first in class with his LLB from the University of Hong Kong, and further obtained his BCL with distinctions in all subjects from the University of Oxford as a Jockey Club Scholar. During his studies, he won a string of international and domestic mooting competitions and best oralist awards.
Brian has been appointed part-time Lecturer (Non-Clinical) at the Department of Law, University of Hong Kong effective from September 2020.
- Part-time Lecturer (Non-Clinical), Department of Law, The University of Hong Kong (effective from September 2020)
- Bar Scholarship (2019)
- Sir Oswald Cheung Memorial Fund PCLL Scholarship (2018)
- Hong Kong Jockey Club Graduate Scholarship (2017)
- Gallant Ho Prize in Law (2017)
- Herbert Smith Freehills International Competition Law Moot Champion and Oralist Award (2017)
- Joint University Mooting Festival Champion and Best Speaker Award (2015)
- International Oxford IP Moot Quarter-finalist and Best Written Submissions Award (2015)
- Basic Law Moot Champion and Best Speaker Award (2014)
- 20 other academic scholarships or awards
- Contributing Editor to Hong Kong Company Law Cases (2008 - 2019) - published in 2020 by DVC in collaboration with Kluwer