Brian is a Bar Scholar. He graduated first in class with a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Hong Kong, and further obtained his Bachelor of Civil Law with distinctions in all subjects from the University of Oxford as a Jockey Club Scholar. During his studies, Brian won a string of international and domestic mooting competitions and best oralist awards, including notably, Champion and Oralist Award at the International Herbert Smith Freehills Competition Law Moot in 2017.
Brian joined Chambers in 2020 upon completion of his pupillage with Dr. William Wong SC, JP, Mr. Tony Li, Mr. Christopher Chain and Mr. Jason Yu. He is developing a broad civil practice and accepts instructions in all of Chambers’ principal areas of practice.
His notable recent cases include successful resistance of a Mareva injunction for US$620 million against a former director of a Japanese listed company (Universal Entertainment Corporation v Kazuo Okada  HKCFI 1406), led by Dr. William Wong SC, JP. He has also appeared as a sole advocate in the High Court.
Brian has been appointed part-time Lecturer (Non-Clinical) at the Department of Law, University of Hong Kong effective from September 2020.
- Part-time Lecturer (Non-Clinical), Department of Law, The University of Hong Kong (effective from September 2020)
- Bar Scholarship (2019)
- Sir Oswald Cheung Memorial Fund PCLL Scholarship (2018)
- Hong Kong Jockey Club Graduate Scholarship (2017)
- Gallant Ho Prize in Law (2017)
- Herbert Smith Freehills International Competition Law Moot Champion and Oralist Award (2017)
- Joint University Mooting Festival Champion and Best Speaker Award (2015)
- International Oxford IP Moot Quarter-finalist and Best Written Submissions Award (2015)
- Basic Law Moot Champion and Best Speaker Award (2014)
- 20 other academic scholarships or awards
- Contributing Editor to Hong Kong Company Law Cases (2008 - 2019) - published in 2020 by DVC in collaboration with Kluwer