Billy joined Chambers upon completion of his pupillage with Mr. Derek Chan SC, Mr. John Hui, Mr. Jason Yu and Mr. Justin Lam. He is currently developing a broad civil practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work. Billy has appeared before the High Court both in his own right and as junior counsel. He has involvement in cases concerning company and insolvency law, shareholders’ dispute and general commercial matters.
Prior to joining Chambers, Billy obtained First Class Honours in his LLB at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He went on to complete his LLM at the University of Cambridge, with first class result in International Financial Law paper. As a mooter, he appeared before Lord Carnwath in the UK Supreme Court and was the winner of the Hughes Hall Mooting Competition.
Billy is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin. He is experienced in drafting legal documents in both traditional and simplified Chinese.
- Excel Jumbo International Ltd v Cybernaut Greentech Investment Holding (HK) Ltd & Ors (HCMP 222/2022) (judgment pending) (with Mr. Jason Yu)
- Assisted in a 60-day trial in a multibillion-dollar trust and fiduciary duties dispute (settled) (during pupillage)
- Assisted in a substantive legal opinion in relation to various market misconducts and offences under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571) (during pupillage)
- Assisted in HKIAC arbitration involving issues of misrepresentations and conspiracy (during pupillage)
- Winner, Hughes Hall Mooting Competition (2020)
- Chairperson of the Steering Committee Award, The Asian WTO Moot (2017)
- The Deacons Prize in Law for Young Leaders (2017)
- Mr. Philip C.L. Shum Scholarship for Tort Law (2017)
- Mr. H.C. Mo Memorial Scholarship for Constitutional Law (2016)
- The LexisNexis Prize in Hong Kong Legal System (2016)
- Dean’s List, CUHK Faculty of Law (2016)
Cantonese, English and Mandarin