05 July 2018
DVC welcomes new Tenants - 2018
For five years running, all of our 9 month pupils have been offered tenancy at Des Voeux Chambers, effective in September of this year.
DVC is delighted to welcome:
- Michael Ng - Michael graduated with First Class Honours in his LLB from King's College London and First Class Honours in his LLM from the University of Cambridge. Michael was also awarded the Society of Construction Law Bar Scholarship.
- Jasmine Cheung - Jasmine undertook her BCL from the University of Oxford and obtained a Triple First for her BA in Law from the University of Cambridge. In 2018, she was awarded the Middle Temple Advocacy Scholarship and attended the Middle Temple Advocacy Training Course in London in February 2018.
- Rosa Lee - Rosa graduated with a Distinction in the BCL from the University of Oxford ranking first in her class in Advanced Property & Trusts and Comparative Public Law. Rosa undertook her BBA (Law) and LLB at the University of Hong Kong ranking 2nd in her year. Rosa was also a visiting student in Law, Political Science and Philosophy at Yale University under a full HKU Worldwide Scholarship. Rosa was also awarded the Bar Scholarship.
- Tiffany Chan - Tiffany graduated with a First in BA (Jurisprudence) from the University of Oxford. She subsequently obtained the Mansfield College Award for Academic Excellence upon completing her BCL (with Distinction) from the University of Oxford. In 2017 she was awarded the Bar Scholarship and attended a two week Middle Temple Advocacy Training Course in London in February 2018.
- Howard Wong - Howard graduated with First Class Honours in his LLB from the London School of Economics and obtained his BCL from the University of Oxford in 2016. Howard was awarded the Hong Kong Bar Scholarship in 2018.
- Look Chan Ho - Formerly Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer's Asia head of restructuring and insolvency, Look is transitioning to the Bar (and is to be called to the Bar very soon). During his 15-year practice as a solicitor in London and Hong Kong, Look specialised in corporate insolvency and restructuring. Look's experience includes advising on:
- the global restructuring of Korea's Hanjin Shipping
- the provisional liquidation application of Hong Kong-listed China Shanshui Cement
- the implementation of the scheme of arrangement of ATV
- the administration of the Icelandic banking group, Kaupthing
- various Lehman Brothers litigations, including the waterfall applications determining the priority of rankings for surplus assets
Look graduated from the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, and New York University School of Law. Look was admitted as a solicitor-advocate in England, a solicitor in Hong Kong, and an attorney in the State of New York. Look has also published extensively on insolvency matters and his publications are widely cited internationally.
For this recent announcement and more, click here the latest edition of DVC’s Newsletter.