Jing En joined Chambers in 2021 after the successful completion of his pupillage under the supervision of Mr. Johnny Ma, Mr. Christopher Chain, Mr. Adrian Lai and Mr. Giles Surman.
Jing En graduated from the University of Cambridge (Wolfson College) with a BA in Law with Double First Class Honours and went on to obtain the BCL with Distinction from the University of Oxford (Christ Church). He was awarded a string of various scholarships and prizes for academic excellence from Cambridge, Oxford and HKU, including the Oxford Law Faculty Prize for International Commercial Arbitration.
Jing En is currently developing a broad practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work, with a particularly keen interest in family law and arbitration. He has been involved in cases concerning company and insolvency law, probate and trusts, commercial law, arbitration, competition law and family law.
Jing En grew up in Singapore and is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese. Prior to joining the Hong Kong Bar, he served as a Lieutenant in the Republic of Singapore Air Force, where he graduated top of his class in Officer Cadet School as the Air Force Sword of Honour.
- Bluebell Prize (2020)
- Hou De Charitable Foundation Scholarship (2019)
- Law Faculty Prize for International Commercial Arbitration (2019)
- Harry Liu Postgraduate Scholarship (2018)
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship (2018)
- Sir David Williams Prize (2018)
- Champion - Rajah & Tann UK Inter-varsity Moot (2018)
- James William Squire Scholarship (2017)
- Dato Ng Kong Yeam Prize (2017)
- Cambridgeshire and District Law Prize for Criminology, Sentencing & the Penal System (2017)
- Contributing Editor to Hong Kong Company Law Cases
- Native English and Mandarin